Wednesday, March 31, 2010

timorous beasties/







l// so I am sitting on the ground of an apartment in West Hampstead London in the dark... Sasha is asleep next to me so I am trying to keep the peace by pretending to sleep but I am far from tired. I AM IN LONDON!!!! I am soo excited I must be peeing twice as often as I did back home. I have just been going through travel shots of my last trip this way and stumbled upon the work of Timorous Beaties, I fell in love with their work in Glasgow when I was at the School of Art in 2005. They predominantly make designs for wall paper, "At first glance it looks like one of the magnificent vistas portrayed on early 1800s Toile de Jouy wallpaper, but closer inspection reveals a nightmarish vision of contemporary Glasgow where crack addicts, prostitutes and the homeless are depicted against a forbidding backdrop of dilapidated tower blocks and scavenging seagulls". Great stuff... can't wait till I actually own a piece of wall to cover with their stuff.... bloody rentals!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment