Tuesday, March 16, 2010

everyday items/







m// I love these everyday details we in our busy lives tend to just use but not pay attention to. I've been collecting bread clips for a while. I think I'll eventually put them in a big frame on the wall, like a piece of art. Apparently (according to wiki..) the clip was invented by Floyd G. Paxton in the 50s.
Paxton was on a plane and after opening a bag of peanuts found that he had no way of closing it. He then used an expired credit card and hand-carved with a pocket knife the very first bag clip (this was of course before the time of high security before entering a plane..). A bit of trivia for you there...

1 comment:

  1. OMG - I know Jerre Paxton (Floyd's son)


    ... and he carries one or two of those clips everywhere he goes.

    ReplyDelete